10 May 2011

What's Been Cookin' in My Place?

I have been a busy Ryanne the past few days!

Last week I made an awesome homemade Banana Pudding with a meringue topping. It was so good that my boyfriend wants to make it again! I also received the greatest a compliment a girl can receive, "It's just like my mom made... it reminds me of my childhood!" I only wish I had taken a picture... Next time.

Then on my Mother's Day I made Lemon Blueberry Bars. My boyfriend planned on cooking for his mom on Sunday & I offered to help since he had to go into work on his weekend days off. (If I were in the same state as my mom I'd cook for her... I guess I'll make up for that later). I did not take a picture of this either...boo! It was so refreshing on a hot Tennessee Spring evening. I'll describe this delicious dessert to you... shortbread crust topped with fresh blueberries & a lemony ricotta cheesecake filling! It hit the spot perfectly after eating linguine & shrimp!

Last night I made a great salmon dish. First I seasoned the salmon with salt & pepper then sauteed it in olive oil. While the salmon was cooking I boiled penne pasta. When the salmon was almost done I squeezed on a little lemon juice. While the salmon rested I sauteed thinly sliced tomatoes in olive oil, salt & pepper. Once the tomatoes were soft I added a couple of tablespoons ricotta cheese and a little bit of lemon juice. The pasta was finished so I saved a little bit of the pasta water & then drained the rest of the water. The ricotta was almost melted so I added the little bit of pasta water I saved & tore up a couple basil leaves. I added the pasta to the skillet to coat the noodles. Once the noodles were coated in the sauce I placed everything on my plate & topped it off with the salmon! It was so good! I'm making this again on Friday for 2 instead of 1! I actually have a picture for this one! Note: not the most beautiful documentation since this was taken with my camera phone but let me assure you that it was awesome!

Salmon with Tomatoes & Lemon Ricotta Sauce

Well, I guess this is all for now. I plan on making Strawberry Rhurbarb Pie and my own version of Cioppino this Saturday with my boyfriend. It'll be so good! I can't wait!

'Til then.... A tout a l'heure!


No comments:

Post a Comment